For The Dads

When I began the publishing process for my book, I was asked what my goal was for the release date. That was an easy answer. I had always thought Father's Day would have been a fitting date for a book launch. Part of the motivation of writing this book was to be a book by a father for fathers. 

We always knew that meeting that date was ambitious and a little unrealistic - but we've come pretty close.

The book is definitely written from my perspective as a Dad. There are several situations where Susan (my wife) and I certainly had diverging opinions and different perspectives on what was going on around us. So, it would not be surprising that if Susan were to write this book it would look and feel a lot different. 

Over the past fourteen years of being a dad, I've watched and observed many other fathers and how they deal with many challenges. From first-hand experience and seeing some fathers under some dire circumstances - I know there are some very awesome dads out there. 



Through the evolution of the book - that is one of the lessons that I learned and wrote about. The importance and strength of the family structure. The book describes how I learned to be a dad - and how that changed me and my outlook on life. How everyone in our family had a role, and what became apparent to me is the perfection in the design of the nuclear family. Not only have I seen this in our family but many others - as each family member steps up and pulls together.

My hope for this book is that our story could be relatable for the many dads out there who are struggling - or perhaps that the moms out there might gain a little insight into what their husbands/dads are going through. I hope that message comes through. Dads matter.







Comments

Popular Posts